A friend of mine recently asked me "what inspires you in the kitchen?" After giving it some thought, I realized that my answer to that question could be that I feel I have a special relationship with plants and  food.  I love nature, and the abundant bounty of lush fruits and vegetables that I find at Farmer's Market's inspires me to want to create magical dishes.  For me, being in the kitchen is like a form of therapy.  It  quiets my mind, and allows me to trust my intuition while preparing some awesome dishes.

It all started this morning when my husband asked me to make another cheesecake. This morning turned out to be a dessert morning, creating a Banana-Strawberry Cheesecake, Chocolate Mint Mousse and an Apple Fruitcake.

I can only include the pictures, since I still have to document the recipes.  Check my blog "Simple, Healthy Recipes" at a future date to see postings of the recipes. For those of you that have my book Vegan Bite By Bite  www.veganbitebybite.com Click on purple link "Recipe blogs" and then click on the yellow link "In the Kitchen with Marilyn".
 I have a Chocolate Mint Mousse recipe in my book on page 194. Check it out.

                                                       
Apple Fruitcake
Chocolate Mint Mousse
                                                             


         

Banana-Strawberry Cheesecake

0 comments:

Post a Comment