I've been buying some awesome raw olives from Good Faith Farm
OMG!  Introducing a producer of olives with healthy, super-delicious ingredients, flavors and integrity I trust.  They also produce the best, delicious olive oil.  You'll have to contact them to find out about where you can purchase their products.

http://www.goodfaithfarm.com/


I particularly like the way this company is processing their olives, using no lye or ripening agents, which is something that is unique and healthy. They are raw, certified organic, slow cured natural  and very flavorsome olives.

There are various types of olives and flavors to choose from, such as Cheviano olives that have different marinades like garlic and oregano or un-seasoned, using only sea salt and also a flavored marinade of brown rice vinegar and thyme and also Moroccan Spice. The types of olive varieties are Sevillano, Kalamata and a French style, called Lucques.  Below is a pic of Kalamata olives.


I finished a half-gallon jar of the Moroccan Spice olives this morning and the juice marinating the olives was so tasty and delicious I decided to use the marinade as the base of a salad dressing.

I used the liquid of the marinade from the Moroccan Spice, added fresh garlic, fresh lemon juice and added raw cashews and put everything in the blender. I also added a small amount of pure water for consistency. After blending the mixture, I folded in some finely cut fresh basil.  The salad dressing came out awesome tasting!!  When I'm in the kitchen playing with recipes, I just use my intuition, so I don't have a documented recipe to share with you.  I encourage you to try different ideas of preparing your recipes.
                                                       
                                                         Cashew Olive-Basil Dressing


0 comments:

Post a Comment